Office Of Education Quality Assurance
Lagos State Office of Education Quality Assurance was establish through an executive order on September 13th, 2013 and became operational on 2nd of March, 2015.
The office was established in response to the following needs:
- The quest for sustained improvement of learner’s achievement, particularly external examination.
- The need to strengthening the government’s control and regulation of school below tertiary level.
- The desire of redefining of criteria of delivery of Quantity Education in the state.
- The growing number of public and private schools as well as vocational institutions in the state which require more analytic and evaluative supervision.
The office comprises the following departments
- Quality Assurance (Headquarters and six (6) District Offices)
- Monitoring & Investigation
- Planning, Research and Statistics
- Administration and Human Resource
- Private Education and Special Programmes
Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitoring and ensuring standards in all schools below Tertiary level.
- Development of a state –wide and harmonious school calendar in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Accreditation of schools for External Examinations.
- Establishment of database of both public and private school below tertiary level in the state which shall include all reports of assessments, grading, etc.
- Quality Assurance Evaluation of Public and Private Education institutions including the review and amendment of the school curriculum in collaboration of all stakeholders.
- Production of Annual State of Education Report
- Investigation of all matter affecting learners and staff of educational institutions.
- Ensuring that every child in school receives qualitative education through collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Organizing programmes and social awareness activities for academic, social and moral development of learners.
- Monitoring of internal and external extermination in all schools (public & Private) below tertiary level.